Voting Rating: 0 / 0 votes

Monday, January 25, 2010

I've been slacking...

Wow I have a lot to catch up on Huh? Where to begin....

1) Christmas: We went to Texas last month for Christmas and had fun with Lee's side of the family. We got to see his parents, siblings, and grandparents for about 10 days. We also drove with Lee's mom (she was sick most of the trip, sorry Heather!) to New Orleans, my first time ever, for a few days and ate some amazing food :) I got to see the graveyards (the tombs are very interesting) and the amazing architecture! I love the New Orleans homes! We also got to see some of the sad aftermath of Katrina that's still evident.
After spending time in NO with Lee's grandmother, we headed back to Dallas for some quality time with Ed, Kathy, Stephen, and Chris and met up with Brandon, Brittney, Ryann, and Seiler. We spent Christmas Eve with Lee's Dad's family, and Christmas day with Lee's Mom. It snowed for me both on Christmas eve and Christmas day :) Being my first Christmas away from Alaska it was nice to have it white. Christmas Day was fun and full of presents, and then we saw Sherlock Holmes that night. We also got to see some amazing fancy homes in Dallas that had awesome Christmas Lights!
Next on the list was the Mavericks' game!! I love basketball and it was a blast to be able to watch them play (and they won :) Wish I could say the same about the Cowboys...Sorry Lee :)
Heather and Bill took us out to eat at the Gaylord Texan, and to an ice exhibit themed as the Grinch stole Christmas. We got loaded down with big coats and wondered through the exhibit in 9 degree weather, it was fun! We had a lot of fun, and many thanks to the Smith's and Bartelme's for a great Christmas break! We love you! (pictures to come soon) Don't worry Mom and Dad, we love you too and hopefully will be heading to AK for Christmas next year :)

2) New Year 2010. We went to my cousin Carey's house this year for New Year's Eve with my brother and his wife to play games and eat all night, so that was fun. :) About an hour after midnight we started our new years resolution diet....so far he's lost about 10lbs. and I've gained 1. Success? I think not. It is NOT fair that we eat the same amount, exercise the same amount...and I gain weight? Damn men's metablolisms...That is all.

3) My birthday was on Jan. 6th, so I met up with Lee for chinese food in Idaho falls with Tyler and Amanda which was sooo good! Lee got me a new wallet and a plain wedding band so I can wear something on my finger that doesn't get in the way of the latex gloves I wear all day doing lab work and drawing blood! I was pretty excited, it's really pretty and shiny :)

4) At the present time we're just super busy with Lee's school and both of us working and going snowboarding any chance we get (Lee's getting so good! :). Lee's working and studying hard, and I'm trying to bring home the bacon as well. It's going good, but we'll both be glad when this semester is over! Future plans include a summer trip to Alaska, and hopefully an internship for Lee next fall!

Love you all!

4 comments:

  1. Sorry to Brittany for spelling your name wrong!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's okay! It was fun seeing you two. Sounds like you had fun on your b-day. Congrats to Lee for 10 lbs. down. I am too. It does suck that men have it easier in the Weight Dept. I was determined to make Brandon gain some weight, so he would know how it feels (he's been a bean pole all his life). It took me three years, and he only gained fifteen, and I gained about fifty. Gosh that sounds mean - but I didn't want to feel like the # 10 when we went out together. Brandon being the 1 and me being the 0. It ended up happening like that anyway. Now I am rambeling. Best of luck to you. Keep going. Drink more water. Luv yas, Brittany.

    ReplyDelete
  3. sounds like u had fun!! wish we could have gone down to see u guys in tx!! i was sad... oh well. some day! miss ya!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's so funny that you got a new ring - I was just thinking the other day that I needed to get a band to wear. I hardly ever wear my ring any more because of all the painting, cleaning, yard work, etc.

    Glad you had a good holiday! Can't wait to see you for the derby!

    ReplyDelete