Voting Rating: 0 / 0 votes

Monday, June 13, 2011

My first cake from scratch...and life these days!

I've been in baking-mode lately, and that's a little weird for me, It's been fun though. Tonight I made my first cake from scratch! (the frosting is also from scratch) It's a carrot cake and is DELICIOUS if I do say so myself :) :) (I know because I taste test a LOT while cooking) Here's some pictures. The nuts aren't very evenly scatterd because I didn't have many left, and my feeble attempt at decorating is funny, but I had a good time :)



I guess I should probably update about our life while I'm on here :) We've been having a fun summer full of fishing, shrimping, and camping as we're still waiting for a job. Lee's had a few promising interviews so hopefully soon! Addie's growing like a weed, and we have tons of way cute videos of her on Lee's site leebartelme.com/family! We got her ears pierced right before she turned 5 months and they are sooo cute! Little dimond studs, and I don't care if people think I'm a bad mother for doing that to my baby because she needed some on her cute pokey-out ears :) She took it like a champ! She's been so fun, she's sitting up, eating baby food, and starting to scoot already! She also LOVES camping and we went swimming at the pool today and she had a blast. She's loved the water since she was born. What we don't love is teething....that's horrible and I feel so bad for her when she's hurting. None have broken through yet, but the pain goes in cycles. She's tough though and has quite the addie-tude as we have come to call it because of her temper :) She's seriously the best blessing I could ever have dreamed of and I love her more and more everyday. I'm constantly laughing and playing with that little sweetie, Lee and I both are completely in love :) She is turning into a Daddie's girl though, and her favorite lately is Grandpa/pepsi max! That little munchkin just LOVES soda thanks to him, haha. I don't really have pictures of her as we've just been taking massive amounts of videos, and they just don't do her justice. She's the funniest little thing in the world, and we are truly blessed.
That's pretty much our life these days, as we gear up for the summer and our trip to Dallas to visit our family and show off our daughter, we hope all is well with everyone!

2 comments:

  1. Nice job on the cake! It looks so good, I should show you pictures of the cake I made for Kyran's 2nd birthday, you would be feeling REALLY good about yours :) So you did get little Addie's ears pierced huh, I bet they look SO cute! Hope all goes well with the interviews and that you guys have fun in Dallas!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. CANT WAIT TO SEE YOU GUYS!!! and the cake looks yummy! ;)

    ReplyDelete